SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS
SPEAKER: Linda is a member of AWSA, and is available to speak to your organization, at your conference, or as part of a workshop.
Contact her at lglazagain@aol.com

AGENT: Linda is a an agent with Hartline Literary Agency. She would love to represent that next great American novel! She will look at nonfiction, but she LOVES FICTION--historic, suspense, romance or all of the above. linda@hartlineliterary.com

AUTHOR: Linda writes romance in all categories, but what is her fave? Suspense, and not only suspense, but SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Take Off the Boxing Gloves

Okay, it's time to get right down to it. Take off the gloves and promote your work. Do you think it's too self-serving to talk about yourself? Does a Ford dealership brag about Chevy or Toyota?

I don't think so!

It's time to understand that if you don't have faith in your work, who will?

There's a difference between pride and promoting what you do. How far would a craftsman go if he only encouraged you to buy from competing craftsmen? So no more soft punches, take off the gloves and wallop the reader with how good your work is. We'd better believe in ourselves or why should anyone else?

6 comments:

  1. AMEN! :) And I can TOTALLY picture you wearing boxing gloves. Even with that black paint stuff under your eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it all depends on how badly one wants to get pubbed, right? I know where you hide your Glock, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when I read this was AMEN! Then I saw it was Jo's first thought, too. LoL. So true, Linda! Not always easy, but essential. Preach it, girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see if I can come up with the gloves and charcoal for the FW conference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder, Linda. PR and sales (of anything, much less myself) is SO hard for me. But I've come this far, so there's NO WAY I'm giving up now!

    ReplyDelete