SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS
SPEAKER: Linda is a member of AWSA, and is available to speak to your organization, at your conference, or as part of a workshop.
Contact her at lglazagain@aol.com

AGENT: Linda is a an agent with Hartline Literary Agency. She would love to represent that next great American novel! She will look at nonfiction, but she LOVES FICTION--historic, suspense, romance or all of the above. linda@hartlineliterary.com

AUTHOR: Linda writes romance in all categories, but what is her fave? Suspense, and not only suspense, but SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Hard Job!

So many wonderful books have found their way into my mailbox since I began this agenting gig. Wonderful books! But I've learned for myself the lesson Terry Burns taught me. I good book, a really good book will show up quite often, but are they great books? Are they stellar?

It's so difficult to tell a good writer, keep trying. I just had to write just such a letter, and it broke my heart. The author was very good, but not quite there yet. I guess I shouldn't be whining; I have the best job in the world.

When just one of those books reaches in, grabs my heart, and makes me sit up, dying for a full read, then I'm content.

Just wish I didn't have to say no so often.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your transparency, Linda. I can't imagine being you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not complaining, Joanne, just sad to have to say no more often than I say yes. Shucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style, grace and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I don't think I could do that. Especially if it was someone I "knew". Yet we all know the possibility of being told to keep trying is (as my grandson says it) HOOOGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a kind heart, I'm sure a "no" from you is far easier to take than most "no's." =)

    ReplyDelete