SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS
SPEAKER: Linda is a member of AWSA, and is available to speak to your organization, at your conference, or as part of a workshop.
Contact her at lglazagain@aol.com

AGENT: Linda is a an agent with Hartline Literary Agency. She would love to represent that next great American novel! She will look at nonfiction, but she LOVES FICTION--historic, suspense, romance or all of the above. linda@hartlineliterary.com

AUTHOR: Linda writes romance in all categories, but what is her fave? Suspense, and not only suspense, but SUSPENSE SEALED WITH A KISS

Friday, August 23, 2013

Giveaway!!! Ukuleles Undercover by Cheryl Lynn Martin

Yes, Cheryl Martin's at it again!
Ukuleles Undercover!
Cheryl's teen aged private investigator, Leilani, gets crushes like I get chocolate cravings, and I thought I'd let you get to know her current heartthrob. Brandon...

So, Brandon, how did you end up involved with The Hawaiian Island Detective Club?

I met Leilani in math class and then discovered that she lived just down the street from me. Leilani got me involved in some mystery thing happening at the music school, but I totally do not like spying and investigating. I’m a surfer guy and I like cars, too, just like Sam. He’s a pretty cool guy. ‘Course Maile and Leilani think Sam’s belching is annoying, but I think it’s pretty cool and wish I had that skill.
So, if you don’t like mysteries, were you able to help Leilani, Maile, Sam and Kimo catch the culprit at all?

(Brandon groans) Yeah, I did volunteer to help Leilani a little, but never again! It ended in disaster.
Hmm . . . that’s not what I heard.

Well, I guess it’s how you look at it. Believe me—I won’t be doing any more snooping or going on any stake-outs again.

(Brandon sighs) ’Course it may not be so easy if I’m hanging out with Leilani. She’s way into this detective stuff.

Oh! So you and Leilani are hanging out, huh?

Uh . . . (Brandon’s face turns bright red) Sometimes we go surfing . . . and maybe get some shave-ice.
You’re new to the island, right?

Yup. Just moved here from Oregon. My mom got totally burned out on all the foul weather there. She wanted lots more sunshine.

I didn’t know they surfed in Oregon.

They do, but you have to wear a wetsuit most of the year. I have a bunch of friends in California so I visited them a lot to ride some great waves and work on my skills.
Thanks for visiting, Brandon, and I hope we’ll hear more from you—maybe even see you involved in another mystery!

Yeah, right! (Brandon waves me off, and I chuckle)
 Well, that's just a taste of the fun Cheryl has with her characters. If you have children or grandchildren in the middle-reader age group, by all means, get a copy of Ukuleles Undercover!
I'm all for giving away a copy because it's such an awesome read, I want to get it into more hands.
Just leave me an email addy in your comment that tells me why you'd like to win a copy.
 YOU WON'T BE SORRY!
Ukuleles Undercover rocks! Adults will love this series as well. I know I'm hooked.  
 The sounds of ukuleles at the local music school blend with warnings and Leilani can't resist gathering the Hawaiian Island Detective Club together in order to discover who the culprit is. One quirky character after another is suspicious. Leilani even considers her dreaded math teacher, Mr. Edwards, who she dislikes because of her mom's crush on him. Things are never what they seem as each character is convincingly guilty. Leilani does her best to keep her mind on the mystery all the while falling for the new guy in class. Another surfer. Grrrrr....she has such a soft spot for surfers. But in no time at all, she convinces Brandon to join the other "detectives" to find out who is behind the threats at the music school.

10 comments:

  1. This book sounds like a great read for my granddaughter and I would love to win it for her.

    cenya2 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your granddaughter would enjoy Ukuleles Undercover, Marjorie! Thanks so much for visiting Linda's blog and for commenting. Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds fantastic for my great-nephew. He's the middle child and I'm very close to my niece and my three great-nephews. My niece is divorced and just married a great man that loves these boys. I'm trying to do things that will challenge my great-nephew in things I love. He knows I love to read, so this book would be great. He's at the right age and we would definitely have a wonderful time reading this book. Please enter me in the giveaway. Thank you!
    Barbara Thompson
    barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, trust me, he'd love it. These kids in the stories get into so much trouble and have so much fun. This is really a terrific series, (I love them, and I'm just a kid at heart)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't everyone want to play the ukulele? Our dad had three, a Hawaiian one, a banjo one, and a baritone one - all good! So, who's up for a ukulele orchestra? Anyone? Wonderful interview! S & S

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great for my daughter. I love finding books for her to read. She loves ukuleles (plays them at her school) and I think would love this book. Thanks for this opportunity.

    clSwalwell@gmail.com

    In Him,

    Cheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled when I hear how many boys love The Hawaiian Island Detective Club! Even though the main character is Leilani, the supporting cast of boys is amazing--I'm sure your great-nephew will love the read if you should get the book! Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks S & S!!! Your visit and comment means so much. And, yes, I really, really want to learn the ukulele--on my bucket list for sure! Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh--I'm so jealous that your daughter plays the uke!! It's something I really want to do someday. For sure your daughter would enjoy the story set around a ukulele class at the music school. Aloha! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheri, congrats. I'll be emailing your for your snail mail.
    Yeah, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete