Monday! Monday! Monday!
Let's see those pitches in preparation for the conferences coming up.
Monday, I'll be available to interact with all of you on your pitches. Here are the ground rules:
1) 20-30 words max, less if you're really brilliant
2) Tell us the overall theme of your story in these 20-30 words
3) Grab the reader's interest right away, don't go on and on
4) Tease us so much it hurts!
5) Chime in on other participants' pitches, the purpose here is to help authors get their pitches ready for submission at future conferences, and the more we can interact, the stronger the pitches should get.
I will pick the five best at the end of the day Monday to look at the synopses of those FIVE THAT INTRIGUE ME THE MOST just from their pitches. I'll do a quick overall critique of your synopses and first chapters.
SO! It's a contest, too!
Bring your friends and your friends' friends!!